Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas Tree, May You Rest in Peace

Until next Christmas

    I know a lot of people take down their Christmas tree the day after Christmas or even on Christmas Day.  Not me.  I'd rather enjoy my decorations after Christmas than during the Thanksgiving Holiday.  Its my way of coping with the dark, long, cold winter in Kentucky :).  Due to family illnesses, I didn't make it to MLK day like I usually do.  I took everything down last week while I had the chance.  However, in honor of my MLK tradition, I'm posting the event today on MLK Day. 

 You don't realize how many balls went on the tree by two people until you have to take all of them down by yourself. 

 Notice the star made by the ceiling fan.


 Still using the same 7up carton I used years ago to wrap the lights to keep them from tangling.

 Instead of wrapping the lights around the cardboard, I turn the cardboard over.


It seemed like a coffin..why?

Now I have to make myself notes hoping to save time next season.


Rest in Peace Christmas Tree.  
I hope you don't sleep as long as you did from the last time I put you up.

2 comments:

  1. My girls and I were kinda sad when we had to put away the tree ornaments. But I'm happy coz we're back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy, yes, it is always sad to put away the Christmas tree for another year. It seems like we are only just beginning to enjoy it when it's all over. This year I just covered my tree and all the decorations in a large plastic bag and stored it away in my locker. It is only a three foot tree but I have loads of ornaments on it and I didn't want to take everything off. I hope it doesn't get damaged but it will be so nice next Christmas to just take it out and unveil it. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.