Thursday, November 1, 2012

Church Purse Mocking Vera Bradley

Sharing at several Linky Parties.
Enjoyed the morning in my warm sewing room with a cup of coffee and creating.
I needed a new bag to carry my Bible, study book and journal to church.  The one I was using wasn't of winter colors.  I had made it back when Vera Bradley Purses first became popular and had made a pattern.  I couldn't find it and had to create again!  Amazing how much stuff you lose when you move homes.
Combined scrap fabrics from the 400 Mile Yard Sale and the ton of fabric a special friend gave to me, and used old tailor batting I had picked up at restore.  
This purse may have cost me around $2.  (Not counting my over priced sewing machine.)
For this purse, I do like the heavier stitch letters on the other side of the purse.
Took extra time for some trimming details.
.  I added fabrics and square stitch corners to make it look like it has an added bottom.
Everything is lined.  Yes, I used a metal zipper, because I have a bunch of old ones that I had cut from clothing years ago.
Of course I have to have inside pockets for pencils, pens, calendar, phone & check book.

If there is enough interest, I might get in the mood to make a tutorial and share the pattern I used.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You'll find this post at several Linky Parties. Please check them out for some great ideas.
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo

15 comments:

  1. Hi!!! I love every thing about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous purse! I love it. You are quite a talented sewer. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome. The best way to get the perfect bag is to make it the way you want it. Looks really great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I love your Mocking Vera Bradley purse! I would love a tute if you would please, that would be so cool!! I need a new bag!
    It's so pretty & roomie & all the pockets are great.
    Thanks,
    Sharalee

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! Thank you for joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. Happy Monday wishes xo P.S. sorry I'm so late visiting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome. I wish I had your skills! What a perfect church bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colors! Pinned and loved. Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the leopard & pink! I'd love for you to share this at my link party Submarine Sunday. It's open until Friday @ 11:59pm. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/submarine-sunday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this at the ‘Or so she says …’ link party! Hope to see you again this week (link party runs every Saturday – Tuesday). We’ve also got a fun “Favorites Things” giveaway going on right now. Please check it out! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job on the bag. I live their purses, but not the price. I would live to see a tutorial if your up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great purse! Love Vera Bradley purses, but not the prices. Would love to be able to make my own. Would love a tutorial if you are up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cool bag. It's beautiful. Thank you for sharing it on our blog at the Wednesday linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great job you did creating this bag, love it! I'd love a tutorial also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the title of your post in addition to your fab sewing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it!! just last night I was looking at our local Bible book stores website looking to purchase a new bag and couldn't find anything. I swear you should sell these...

    If you ever do, look me up.
    www.facebook.com/anitamarlowebuchanan

    I would buy one!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.