Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wordless Wednesday #100~ Black Bird?

Taken by Mr. G in the Petrified Forest, Arizona

In Kentucky we have crows, but according to this article, this is probably a raven because he was all by his lonesome.  Would love to hear from my bird expert friends about the type of bird you'd call this fellow.
Last 2 pictures cropped from the first.
*******************************

 Attending these Linky Parties:
 Better in Bulk studio waterstone Wordless Wednesday on Tuesday   NanaHood.com
Also:
****************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

5 comments:

  1. Great shots! My first instinct would be raven, too, because of the very heavy beak. They're noticeably larger than crows in body size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never can tell the difference between a crow and a raven. I'm not sure I've ever actually seen a raven, for that matter - I tend to refer to all big black birds as crows.
    My ignorance can be outstanding in both quantity and quality!!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2014/09/bzzz-linky.html - I hope you'll stop by each Tuesday @ midnight EST for "Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday)"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo, so majestic! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.