Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Butterfly Accents for Tea Time Dress


Used Joan Hinds' Pattern from 30 Minute Doll Clothes

You can still see a demo of the dress on the Sewing with Nancy site.
 I had a great time using 1/8 of a yard of fabric to make this quick dress.
It's also very easy for little hands to put on the doll, as it wraps around the doll.
When I made the second dress, I had the idea to use what little fabric was left over to make butterfly accents for the dress.
I had only 2 pieces this size left over. (square= 1 inch)
Left the edges raw.
I first tried to stitch a running stitch to gather, but couldn't hold this fabric together while I attached to dress. So, just gathered on a pin as you see here. Pinched with my fingers as I ran a stitch with the sewing machine through the center attaching to the dress.
The lined jackets didn't take much fabric and were super easy.  
If you finish the inside seam correctly, they can be reversible.

          I have downloaded a lot of patterns for these dolls and bought a few patterns on sale for $2 or less.  So buying this book was a super splurge for me, but I'm glad I bought it because the patterns are very simple & super easy, take very little fabric and therefore are very enjoyable to make.

 ***********************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page
 Attending these Linky Parties:

6 comments:

  1. My two Grandgirls would have loved dresses like this made. Now they are 20 and 22.

    Beautiful work.

    Do you sell them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Carolann. My 2 grand girls are grown as well. I've been making them for G's grand daughters and neighbor girls. No one has ever ask to buy them.

      Delete
  2. Hi Joy! How lovely! I love the doll and all gorgeous outfits!
    ave a wonderful Easter!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy what darling the doll and dress, the colors are perfect for Easter, but the attention to details is wonderful.

    Thank you for stopping by to link and share. Wishing you a Happy Easter!!
    Karren
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfectly wonderful dolls wardrobe, perfect gifts for little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful, I used to make clothes for my dolls when I was a child, it was so much fun.
    Thanks for joining Wordless Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.