Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Scrappy Get Well Cards

 I'm like a kid when it comes to playing around with my scrap pile.  Even though my "scrappy" cards don't compare to the cards that scrapbookers make, I really enjoy making cards with my little scraps of cloth. 
   Making cards also encourages me to actually mail a card in this busy day of the easy way out with social media. Recently, I needed to send a couple of get well cards. 
     Remember cutting out paper hearts?


http://www.purfylle.com/2016/05/two-uses-tuesday-81.html

***********************************
*A Tutorial Tuesday*
 **************************

I just cut a piece of card stock in half to make 2 cards.  
One rotary cutter is dedicated for paper cutting.
 I was trying to make a visual, tactile card for this friend.


 This card was for a teenager that had shared my sewing room with me.
Took leftover hearts & card stock from messed up cutting and made some gift tags.
I'm always needing a gift tag.
*************
**********************************************
Info about making an envelope
       The envelope can be made from a template using one sheet of paper that works perfectly with this "half page" card. Just do a web search. Some are PDF files. However some are jpeg (picture files) and if so, right click on the picture & download as an image which will print on a full sheet of paper. Use that as a template to trace around, so printer ink doesn't need to be used every time you make an envelope. No resizing should be needed to print. I used the ruler & rotary cutter to cut out 6 at a time.  Use a glue stick to hold.   (info updated 4/21/18)
***************************
Other Card Ideas on this Blog
 ********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating the icon used on this page

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Those scraps are beautiful=).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your cards are very beautiful. I particularly like the hearts that have a saying inside them. What a great idea. Your words reflect the fabric hearts perfectly.
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.