Friday, August 26, 2016

Fun or Funny Fri Foto ~ A KY Roadside Market & Evergreen Tomatoes

Once upon a time in my life,
I drove by this Farmer's Market every school day.
It's nice to visit my old home county with Mr. G,
because I know he sees my ole stomping grounds
as a visitor and checks out these places I look over.
So about 3 weeks ago, we stopped here.
Dennison's is located on 31E north of Glasgow, KY, USA
It was a fun, quirky stop.
I enjoyed looking at all the variety of vegetables and fruits they offered.

For some reason I had a craving for tomatoes.
I bought several varieties including some heirlooms.
Then a guy came in and asked for the Evergreen Tomatoes.
After listening, I had to inquire and bought one.
I'm so upset, that I didn't take a picture of the tomatoes
and especially the Evergreen.
I only thought about it AFTER I cut it up.
Yes, this tomato IS ripe!
Just like a red tomato, you can tell it's ripe because it was soft.
With your eyes closed, you wouldn't be able to tell that it wasn't a red tomato.
It was VERY delicious.
 
********************************
  ********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating the icon used on this page







No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.