Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Paper Guided Stitched Birthday Cards



    After I made the graduation cards, I made a couple of birthday cards.  I did download a clip art, but as you can see, you can draw a box like you learned in first grade.
     The ribbon was in my collection of things made of fabric that come in packaging.  Maybe this came on a bottle of perfume?


***************************************

*A Tutorial Tuesday*
**************************
Threading My Way_Featured

Clip fabric on the front which is a half sheet of 8½ x 11 inch tag board.
The picture is placed right side up on the back of the front.
You can flip it when printing if need.
This clipart came from 
Remember look for simple or silhouette clipart.
*
Remember HERE I gave the tips for printing the clip art to fit the card.

 I did use a ruler to draw straight lines over the bow
so I could see better where to stitch.
 Remember to pull the thread to the back side at the beginning and end of stitching and tie off.

 
 Finish the back of the front as shown HERE.
 Glue the end of the ribbon with a glue stick.


 The ends of the ribbon are glued with a glue stick.

 
**********************************************
Info about making an envelope
       The envelope can be made from a template using one sheet of paper that works perfectly with this "half page" card. Just do a web search. Some are PDF files. However some are jpeg (picture files) and if so, right click on the picture & download as an image which will print on a full sheet of paper. Use that as a template to trace around, so printer ink doesn't need to be used every time you make an envelope. No resizing should be needed to print. I used the ruler & rotary cutter to cut out 6 at a time.  Use a glue stick to hold.   (info updated 4/21/18)
***************************
********************************
  ********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating the icon used on this page

10 comments:

  1. Very cute card, Joy! I hadn't thought of using a template on the back to help me follow a shape, so thank you for that tip! I've cut out shapes freehand, then sewed them down, but sometimes those tiny pieces have a mind of their own! This was an eye-opener!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful birthday card, Joy. I love how you've added the ribbon bow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, I've featured your fabulous cards in a roundup of Christmas cards and gift tags today...

      Delete
  3. What a cute card! I've never made anything like this but I might have to try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! And good for a last-minute gift too)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your "fraying" edges. I always finish the inside of my homemade cards wish a sheet of paper. I will definitely try this technique when the occasion arises. :-)
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. I wish you a beautiful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.