Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Bucket List Trip 2016~Day 43~ Del Rio, TX to San Antonio, TX

Got the oil changed for the third time on this trip (not at the place above.)
and ate breakfast before we left Del Rio, TX.
Traveled highway 90 from Del Rio to San Antonio today.

My Nikon D5300 has died a slow death as the lens shutter has messed up.
Have had the camera a little over 2 years and I've probably taken 10,000 pictures during that time.
It has had a work out taking between 500 to 800 pictures a day for 42 days excluding the Saturdays.
So the rest of the trip will depend on our phones.
That means I miss shots when the phone is busy giving us directions.

Happy to get back to more trees and greener grass.
Even some farming.
 Without my Nikon,
I can't easily grab pictures of towns as we drive through them.
Also, Mr. G's little Canon is broken.

 We managed to park in a city parking structure.
The temperature was 88 with a real feel of 99.
So while walking the River Walk was beautiful, it wasn't too pleasant for muscles that kept getting tighter.


 I was surprised to find the admission to The Alamo was free.
All the guides were very informative.
 

 We were able to get a table next to the water.
I really missed my camera.
So many photo ops missed.
 3 pm must be nap time for the ducks.
One actually napped in the middle of the stream.
Another settled right next to me and napped.

Timing wasn't good by hitting 5:00 rush hour to get to our hotel.
Mr. G was ready to go to sleep by 7.
We are exhausted from the hot walk today, but
a memory for sure was made.

***************************
Follow along on our trip as I will try to post daily.
****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.