Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Dodge's Stocking

      Last year I made my grand dog Dodge a stocking to go with his brothers' stockings.  Here's a mostly pictorial tutorial.
       Not many people may visit my blog, but I certainly use it as a reference.  I had to go back to
Making Christmas Stockings - Free Pattern & Tutorial and my sewing journal to remind myself how to make the stocking.


******************
Tuesday Tutorial 
****************** 
Referred back to the other grand dogs' stockings for fabric and font designs.
 Ready to embroider "Dodge."
 Had to piece scraps of fabric together.
 Pulled up the picture to see the orientation of the stocking.

 A blouse purchased at Goodwill for the fabric.
Cheaper than yardage.

 The green is just dummy fabric for interfacing to give the bone some body.
 I believe I found the embroidery file for free at the Sew Forum.
 Used all the layers of the collar including the interfacing.



 Used tweaser to carefully pull away straying fibers.





Notice, scraps of stabilizer were used.


 I always have to refer to my journal
to get turned around just right.
The name is actually embroidered upside down on the lining.
 Decorating.  Simple stitch and cut embroidery.
 Buttons are like playing with a crayon box.
 This is one of those times I should have looked at my picture.
Here, I like the 3 buttons better.



 





Dodge
Higgins (RIP)
******************

 You'll find this post at several Linky Parties
Please check them out for some great ideas.
Thanks to
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.