Saturday, December 16, 2017

Quilt Shot Block #103~ Drummer Boy

Drummer Boy
13 inch block


The name of this block is befitting for the present season for some.
However, this design came from the fictional book 
Union Quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini
My first block from this book started with The Cornerstone.
Pieces for this block were not measured and cut
EXCEPT for the first block.
My notes told me to start with a 5 inch square,
but I though I should add a seam allowance
which later you'll see the block was exactly that much too large.
I thought it would be faster just to trim off pieces as I went,
but it really took longer and maybe more fabric.











 Notice below the corner blocks were trimmed leaving quarter inch for seam
and NOT cutting on the exact diagonal.

Turned out to be 13 inches instead of the usual 12½ inch square.
The half inch I added to the center square?

********************************
Check out my other Union Quilter Blocks already posted:

Quilt Shot Block #64 ~ Cornerstone 

Quilt Shot Block #65 ~ Pennsylvania

Quilt Shot Block #66 ~ Campfire 

Quilt Shot Block #74 ~ Farm in the Valley

Quilt Shot Block #79 ~ Union



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.